New

Clicke here; Warakamb PNG You tube Channel; to see the Warakamb PNG Live Channel.

Click on above link for the latest videos from Warakamb valley PNG. See latest happenings, events, changes, people and many more.




Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Warakamb Elites help Plant trees in Warakamb Valley

Children helping in planting trees.


By PATRICK TALU
A NON-Government Organization along the electoral boundaries of Enga and Southern Highlands provinces is implementing the reforestation and conservation policies by planting thousands of gum tree seedlings over the Christmas.
Wara-Kamb Adventist Elites and Clergymen Association in the Wara-Kamb Valley had distributed and planted more than 2000 gum tree seedlings at the cost of K1000.
The trees planted were to fulfill one of the associations’ objectives on reforestation and conservation inline with the government’s policies on ecologically sustainable community forestry policy framework and community forestry extension policy.
General Secretary for WAECA, Dr. Eric Ungil and Dr. Mark Raphael told The National on Monady that the Association is determine to work closely with the Office of Climate change and Carbon Trade and Department of Environment of and Conservation.
The nearby forests on the mountains surrounding Wara-Kamb valley have rapidly been deforested due to increase in population and bush fires.
They said “the educated elites of the valley under WAECA have taken a bold step in addressing the global issue down at the community level in order to conserve their eco-forestry.
The planting took place during the association’s biannual convention hosted at Winja village at the outskirt Kandep district in Enga province.
Prior to the convention, Dr. Raphael said the OCCCT had chipped in a cheque of K1000 during a fundraising dinner in November last year.
The association has decided to use the funds for its reforestation and conservation program.
The association also acknowledged the contribution from the OCCCT, office of two MPs from Kandep and Mendi, Sakias Tameo and others who assisted WAECA in cash and kinds.
Posted by Warakamb Adventist Elites and Clergymen's Association. at 5:34 PM
1 comments:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro.,

I regularly visit this very upto date site for fresh infor...especially on what the Lord is doing in our part of the world. and i just thought i might offer one small suggestion.
that is with regard to the use of the word "Elite" to describe our educated ones. although the intention is good, the word itself has a "negetive" connotation. it is seen as a word that distinquishes the "upper class" from the "lower" or the "common" people. and currently in the western world the word is not seen favourably. in fact many dont want to be identified or labelled as "elites". since this website/weblog has an international audience i was wandering if the executive sat and consider changing it.
Just my thought.
God bless
Kondervan

WarakambPNG said...

Thanks bro for the very genuine and kind advise. We will make adjustments to our site and also rememeber that in our future postings.
We agree Elite in our (PNG)context would be different to elite in the 1st world.

Samuel said...

My name is Samuel, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a Russian private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you