New

Clicke here; Warakamb PNG You tube Channel; to see the Warakamb PNG Live Channel.

Click on above link for the latest videos from Warakamb valley PNG. See latest happenings, events, changes, people and many more.




Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Divine Word Uni to go paper less

By KEVIN PAMBA
DIVINE Word University (DWU) in Madang aims to be a “paperless university” by next year as its contribution to fight global warming.
It had been progressively reducing the use of paper with information and communication technologies (ICT) and by next year, the “paperless university” policy would be fully operational, DWU president Fr Jan Czuba said last Friday.
He said all academic and administration activities would be done through the use of ICT while the use of paper would be limited to unavoidable circumstances only.
“There is no way back. The paperless university policy will be implemented next year,” Fr Czuba told staff at the close of the week-long staff induction programme.
He said the university had a moral obligation to help fight global warming and it must reduce the use of paper, printing, photocopying and the waste that was produced.
The new policy would require lecturers, tutors and students to carry out all academic work through the networked computers via chat lecture rooms, laboratories and auditoriums that had progressively been fitted with the ICT capability.
Students had already been accessing the networked computers with email and internet access and they each received a free 128 megabyte flash drive upon enrolment.

NB. Lot of Universities and hospitals in Australia and elsewhere have aimed for that but still there is lot of paper involved. At least that is a good start.

1 comment:

Samuel said...

My name is Samuel, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a Russian private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
I just said I should share my own story here
Thank you